Training Practice and GP Registrars
Training of Doctors
This practice has been accredited as being suitable for the training of those doctors intending to become general practitioners.
This means that the practice and doctors have had to achieve a number of standards which have been assessed by the Deanery for Kent, Surrey and Sussex, acting on behalf of the National Training Organisation.
These are some points for your information:
- Those doctors training to become GPs are called GP Registrars.
- The GP Registrar is a fully qualified doctor who is likely to have a lot of experience of hospital medicine.
- If you are seeing a Registrar, you can expect to receive the quality of service you would get from your own GP. If you have any concerns, please mention this to a member of staff when booking your appointment.
- In order for the Registrars to successfully complete their training, they need to be assessed on their consulting skills. This is done by the appointed assessors viewing a video of the registrar’s consultations. You may be asked for your permission to have your consultation recorded in this way. If you agree, you will need to give your written permission by signing a consent form available at the reception desk, which will be offered to you. If the doctor appears to be recording your consultation and you have not signed a consent form, you should indicate this to him or her immediately. The recording will be used for educational purposes only. Further information about this process and the confidentiality of it, can be obtained from the reception staff.
- To ensure that the practice continues to meet the standards of training in the KSS Deanery, it and the doctors will be subject to regular inspection visits (normally every three years) At this inspection another doctor will assess the quality of the patient records. If you do not want your own record to be available for inspection, then please inform the practice of your wishes, and they will be respected. Please ask any member of the reception staff if further information is needed, you can contact the practice online through AccuRx.